As a college we look to accredit students where possible for the work that they complete. We are associated with three main awarding bodies:
- Open Awards - Skills for Further Learning & Employment at Entry Level 1-3
- OCR - Skills for Life & Living at Entry 1
- AQA - unit awards at Pre Entry level.
The college curriculum offers a range of vocational units where students will complete units during their 3 years at college. This will lead
to either Award, Certificate or Diploma level qualifications.
The curriculum provides the opportunity to build an individualised, rich and varied learning programme based around a wide range of skill areas
that will suit individual student’s skills and interests.
Units are completed in a range of vocational areas including Mathematics, English, ICT, PSHE, personal skills and work skills.
We are proud to be a fully inclusive college and this is demonstrated by:
- Valuing all students and staff equally
- Enabling our students to participate in the cultures of the local community and beyond
- Ensuring that the cultures, policies and practices in college reflect the diversity of all our students
- Reducing barriers to learning for all students
- Striving to continually improve our college for staff members as well as for our students
- Emphasising the role of our college in contributing to the community and developing values, as well as in increasing achievement
- Our recognition that inclusion in education is one aspect of inclusion in the whole of society.